- The old elementary school that was built in 1925
- The “Hadjine”, the old village spring who gave breath and water to the residents, the passers-by and the gardens of the village for centuries. It is in the middle of the village, at the yard of church that’s dedicated to Virgin Mary. The waters that “leak” from the “Hadjine” meet the waters of the river and give life to the floral of the area.
- The Nikos Kazantzakis Museum at the village of Myrtia, 12 kilometers from Houdetsi. The museum is housed in the family home, and it dedicated to the famous, Cretan, writer. The Museum exhibits personal items of Kazantzakis, such as his pipe, glasses and watch, letters, first editions of his books in Greek and in foreign languages, copies with handwritten corrections, props and posters from its work that were transferred into movies, photographs, newspaper articles, and more. In a specially designed room for visitors, you can watch the documentary about the life and work of Nikos Kazantzakis, in 6 languages. You can also buy all of his books, as well as books written for him, in collectible editions.
- The Folk Music Workshop “Lavirinthos” which was founded in 1982 by Ross Daly and aims to collect, preserve and display traditional musical instruments from around the world. It attracts a lot of people who are interested into knowing the traditional music of many countries of this world.
- The Cultural Camping happens every year in a beautiful area of the Municipality, the Ai Giannis Canyon at Kato Vrisi of Astritsio. The festival takes place in mid-summer and hosts, mostly, student theater groups and various other cultural activities (dance, music, art photo, etc.). Each night at the camping one has the opportunity to attend an event and – usually theater or concert. During the day, the area serves as a workshop, where everyone can attend a course or seminar.
- The Minoan Palace Vathypetro , just 2 km from Houdetsi, it is believed that it was built in 1600 BC, and destroyed and abandoned in 1550 AD.
- The lush canyon that leads to the Monastery Spiliotissa with towering trees and running water is a landscape of unique beauty and charm even for the most demanding visitor.
- The Monastery of St. George Epanosifi , 12 km southwest of Houdetsi, which was built around 1600, and acquired large real estate outset of founders and donations of Venetian lords. In the monastery are stored precious heirlooms.
- The Monastery of Agharathos 14 kilometers east of Houdetsi, is considered one of the oldest churches in Crete, and is dedicated to the Assumption of Mary.
- The Castle of Nikiforos Fokas , at the village of Profitis Elias, 14 kilometers northwest of Houdetsi.
- The Castle of Tholie, on the top of a hill with panoramic view, west of Alagni, which is a small castle, built during the last years of the Venetian Rule (16th – 17th century).
- The castle of Castelos, two and a half kilometers from Katalagari, on the top of a lush hill, embraced by olive trees and vineyards.
- The Monastery of Christ the Savior, also known as the Lord Christ by the locals, it is a four-aisled church: The feasts that take place at the monastery are: the Transfiguration of Christ (6 August), St. Zone (31 August), Apostles (30 June) and Saints Anargiri (1 July). The most famous festival is the feast to celebrate the Transfiguration of the Christ at 6th of August. The hermitage kown as “Cells of Kalogrades” is an impressive building with 3 floors in a steep slope of Youchtas.
- One of the most important locations in the area of Acharnes is Anemospilia (Caves of Wind). In this location, it was found in 1979 the first independent church of Crete with the unique finding of human sacrifice.
- The Palace Building in Tourkogeitonia, the building dates back to 1900 BC. The size and use of the various areas that have been excavated so far, betray the royal character of the building, as well as the same configuration and frescoes and other decorating various areas.
- Youchtas , was one of the most important centers of religious events of Crete. Because of the significance of the archaeological site, Youchtas was declared in 1980 as one. The sanctuary and the famous question of human sacrifice in the tripartite sanctuary of Anemospilia Youchtas, as well as the important archaeological sites that surround it, such as the cemetery in Fourni, the palatial findings of Tourkogeitonia, the building complex of Vathypetro, and the five hundred or more archaeological locations in the basin of Archanes make Youchtas of great importance worldwide. The sanctuary of Psili Korfi, the highest point of the mountain is the most important sanctuary of Crete. The sanctuary, which is a mosque, consists of an open space on three levels, with rooms that served perhaps as places of worship and residences of the priests; one is built as a rectangular altar and a cavernous gap with cult character. A very large number of offerings were found, as well as paved road dating back to Minoan Era from Anemospilia to Psili Korfi. The religious center of Youchtas follows the story of the palatial center and the town of Archanes.
- Phourni is located northwest of Arhanes, on the small hill Phourni. In this position was revealed a Minoan cemetery, one of the most important sites, not only of Archanes but of the whole Crete.
In the county of Archanes – Asterousies, you can attend each year the Cultural Events that we organize, you can read more here